In brief, the objectives of the Regio Insubria are:
- it promotes the exchange of information, knowledge and networking of key players in the territory, so that they can integrate their forces and resources;
- proposes cooperation activities in the cross-border region as a whole leading to the definition of common projects;
- it provides and collects pulses innovators on concrete issues, leaving it to the competent authorities the subsequent implementation phase;
- removes barriers due to the lack of mutual understanding;
- spread a modern and open-border mentality, which encourages organizations and individuals on both sides of the border to identify opportunities, to join themselves and take concrete actions;
- does not arise in competition with other institution (states; cantons, Italian regions and provinces) but works with them.
The working community comprises the following territorial areas: Canton Ticino (Switzerland), Province of Como, Province of Lecco, Province of Novara, Province of Varese, Province of Verbano Cusio Ossola (Italy)
The Working Community Regio Insubrica promotes cross-border cooperation in the region Swiss-Italian region of Lakes Prealpine lakes and promotes awareness of belonging to a territory beyond institutional boundaries, and rich with history, culture and language.